OverviewIn this tutorial we'll cover how to setup and configure the "pk" command line tool, for both interactive and non interactive use. With the pk cli you can:
- Run commands and programs (even a bash shell) with pre-configured environments.
- Combine several environments to pull in the environment variables you want.
- Get secrets, notes and software keys.
- Connect to databases from a universal sql command line (or use your favourite db tool).
- 1. Using a config file
- 2. Via environment variables
- 3. Interactively typing your username and password
RequirementsWe assume you already have an account setup with PKHub.
The rest of the tutorial assumes you have acccess to a command line terminal, and all commands when run will be executed in the command line terminal.
InstallationTo install run the following command:
curl https://docs.pkhub.io/install/install.sh | sh
Interactive user name and passwordUsing the "-p" flag in the "pk" command, will ask you for your user name and password
This is an easy way to login and use the pk command, and also the most secure, because you do not have to have any keys on your computer.
pk sh -p -s [your-safe] -n [any-env] -i -- bash